Noble County Courts
Previous   Next

North Orange Street hill seen from the Courthouse tower, circa 1900. Note the white framed Worden House, early hotel moved to Albion from Port Mitchell in 1846 or 1847. Note across Orange Street the 1855 Greek Revival home of prominent banker and Common Pleas Judge William Clapp. The original St. Mark’s Lutheran Church is shown to the north. This church housed county offices after the original Courthouse was burned in 1859. The church was torn down in 1906 when the current church was built.