Noble County Courts
Previous   Next

Jefferson Street north view from Courthouse tower, circa 1900. Visible is the former Opera House, where plays were performed and Albion High School basketball games were played on the second floor. See the billboard near the Opera House steps advertising the next play. Lutheran Church steeple is visible on the right. Note the windmill on the roof of the Livery and Feed Stable which provided water for the horses and the wooden sidewalk in front.