Noble County Courts

Noble County Probation

Probation Department

101 N. Orange Street
Room 110 Courthouse
Albion, IN 46701
Fax 260/636-3117

Hours of Operation
Monday and Tuesday 8:00 am-6:00 pm
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 am-4:00 pm

Chief Probation Officer: Stacey Beam

Assistant Chief Probation Officer: Danyel Wagner

Adult Officers:
 Kimberly Clear, Laura Dunafin, Robert Haywood, Michelle Fosnaugh, Jared Owen, Ryan Hull, Jason White, Staci Stork, Leah Fisher, Kelsey Craft, Landon Wheeler, Danielle Lovino, Heather Lock

Juvenile Probation Officers:
 Paul Winebrenner, Samantha Hammond

Support Staff:
 Ellen Pippenger, Diana Mynhier, LeeAnne Shoppell, Tricia VanWagner and Tricia Hawk

Noble County Probation Department – Adult

The Noble County Probation Department serves the three Noble County Courts; County Circuit Court, County Superior Court Division 1, and County Superior Court Division 2.

Our office is responsible for supervising those ordered to Community Supervision along with other judicial directives.

Services include:

  • Pre-Sentence Investigations
  • Pre-Dispositional Reports
  • Court ordered drug screening,
  • Electronic Monitoring
  • Home/Field Contacts
  • Noble County Court Services,
  • Noble County Community Corrections
  • Community Transition Program
  • Noble County Problem Solving Courts (including Drug Court and Veteran’s Court)
  • Employment Classes
  • Courage to Change Classes
  • Impaired Driving Classes

As of January 1, 2015, the Noble County Probation Department was supervising 891 adults who were convicted of felony or misdemeanor charges by the three (3) Courts. The Court orders standard and specific conditions of probation as needed.

Community Supervision is an important part of Noble County’s approach to supervising probationers. We contact probationers at their homes, places of employment, and other places within the community in an effort to ensure they are following through with the Court’s order.

Noble County Probation Department – Juvenile

Our office also handles juvenile offenders. As of January 1, 2015, the Noble County Probation Department was supervising 47 juveniles through informal or formal probation. In 2014, the Noble County Probation Department handled 249 cases referred by the local police departments and school corporations.

Juvenile Probation Officers assist the Noble County Prosecutor’s Office with determining which cases require the Court’s intervention and which cases may be filed in other ways. In 2014, there were 102 Juvenile Delinquent, Juvenile Status, and Juvenile Miscellaneous cases filed by the Noble County Prosecutor’s Office.

As of July 2013, Noble County Probation added a Community Corrections program to our department. Community Corrections includes: Problem Solving Courts (including Drug Court and Veterans Court), Community Transition Program, Electronic Monitoring/Home Detention, and Noble County Court Services

Drug Court, which was established in 2006, is a Problem Solving Court targeting substance abuse offenders. As of April 1, 2015, seventy-four (74) participants have graduated from Drug Court.

Veterans Court, established in 2015, recognizes the different needs our Veterans have with substance abuse treatment and decision-making.

The Community Transition Program, begun in 2013, allows certain offenders an early release from the Department of Correction, by placing them on electronic monitoring. This allows them a “step down” from prison, but still offers restrictions on activities and accountability.

Our Eletronic Monitoring/Home Detention program has long been in existence with the Probation Department and has been expanded to Community Corrections offenders. The offenders are monitored continually by GPS and their activities are restricted.

Noble County Court Services, begun in 2002 as a free-standing department, was brought under the Probation Department in 2007. The purpose of this division is to provide consistent substance abuse evaluations to offenders and refer them to appropriate treatment.

Probation FAQ

Can I go anywhere I want for a substance abuse assessment?

No. The Noble County Courts have established Noble County Court Services as our assessment site. If an individual needs additional services not offered at Noble County Court Services, we will refer to a certified agency of choice.

When are fees due? Where are they paid?

  • Noble County Court Services fees are due according to the Court’s Order. They may be paid through the Noble County Probation Department.
  • Court fines and costs are given a specific due date by the Judge, which appears on the terms of probation. They may be paid through the Noble County Clerk’s Office.
  • Probation user fees, restitution amounts and extradition fees are typically due within the period of probation, unless otherwise stated on the probation terms. They may be paid through the Noble County Probation Department.

The Noble County Probation Department accepts cash, money orders, or cashier’s checks. No personal checks or credit cards are accepted.

Where can I get information about community service work?

You can talk with your probation officer about community service work during appointments or over the phone.

Community service work can be done at not-for-profit, pre-approved sites such as hospitals, humane shelters, churches, police departments, fire departments, and most nursing homes.

Once you have selected a site, check with your probation officer to make sure this site is approved, otherwise, you may have chosen a site that does not meet the criteria and you will have to redo the hours.

Where can I get information about home detention?

Rob Haywood is our home detention officer. If you are interested in setting up a meeting with Officer Haywood regarding home detention questions, you can call him during office hours at 260-636-3116.

Click here for more information about the Noble County Home Detention Program.

Can my probation be transferred to another county or state?

Misdemeanor cases are rarely transferred to other counties or states for supervision. There are some instances where Felony cases may be transferred to other jurisdictions under the supervision of the Probation Officer assigned the case.

Interstate cases are transferred to other states according to the Interstate Guidelines to which the State of Indiana has agreed to comply.

Typically, offenders who are sentenced in Noble County are supervised by our department.

Can I contact my Probation Officer after hours?

Our voicemail system works 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. To leave a message for Probation Officers, anyone can contact the Probation Department at any time and leave a message.

If you wish to speak directly to your assigned Probation Officer, you must contact the office during normal office hours. Probation Officers are not available by phone after hours.